For me travelling mostly means experiencing different cultures, the easiest way to do this in my opinion is to sample the local cuisine. Whenever I travel I always try to eat at least the national dish and ideally all other foods the country is famous for (which can turn out good and bad)! Luckily I was able to travel quite a bit in the last months. Underneath you can find all culinary travel destinations I have recently visited with a lot of photos of local delicacies.
- Colombia, Bogota, Cartagena, Medellin, Santa Marta – Colorful ceviches and deep-fried foods
- Czech Republic, Prague – Feeling right at home with sausage, goulash and beer
- Germany, Berlin – Eating currywurst in Germany’s capital
- Hong Kong – Feels like eating dim sum in the future
- Hungary, Budapest – Getting to know ruin bars, Jewish food and everything paprika
- Ireland, Dublin – Proper pub food and Guinness
- Japan, Tokyo, Kobe, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima – A lot more than just sushi
- Poland, Katowice – Getting to know Silesian cuisine
- Portugal, Lisbon and Porto – Delicious seafood and pastries in sunny Portugal
- Portugal again, Faro – I might be addicted to Portuguese seafood!
- Singapore – Ending up in the Asian melting-pot and eating a lot of Indian food
- Slovenia, Ljubljana – It has dragons and feels like the Czech Republic + Italian + Austria
Do you think there is a place I should definitely visit? Suggestions are always welcome!